Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Economic Development Officer
Mackenzie District Council has experienced significant
growth with GDP and employment indicators comparatively high over the last five
years and as such we now have an exciting opportunity for a driven, experienced
and passionate Economic Development Officer to join our team.
You will be responsible for achieving a number of strategic outcomes centered on the economic development of the Mackenzie District, some of which include (but are not limited to):
- collecting ideas for new ventures and improvements to existing ones.
- ensuring that all sectors of our communities are included throughout the creation, implementation and monitoring of any economic development strategies, initiatives and plans.
- championing the Mackenzie District Council as a gateway and guardian for potential business and economic growth opportunities within the Mackenzie district.
development of a strong business network with local businesses and potential new developments.
- fostering and maintaining strong relationships with Central and Regional Government.
- providing support, information and advice on community funding as you develop and maintain relationships and an understanding of the work and priorities of local community groups and social service providers.
- being a source of information about community needs and community led projects.
Your focus on driving for results and previous experience in
dealing with complex situations and needs means that you are able to think
deeply in order to identify problems and come up with effective solutions. You’ll be able to connect easily with those
working in the community and work to support community led initiatives. Your communication abilities will be second
to none, as you create and maintain meaningful relationships providing you with
satisfaction from making a difference within the community.
role is a full time, fixed term 12 month opportunity and we can’t wait for you
to join our team and become part of our epic journey.
you wish to have a confidential discussion about the role, please contact
Alexis Gray, Manager People and Culture on 027 597 5802.
Alternatively to apply for the role click on the apply now, complete the application form and submit your CV.
Applications close Sunday, 16 August 2020.
Job no: GZEK00125
Closing Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020